Thursday, August 7, 2008

Last Night

Well today felt like the longest day so far. It was also our very last full day of the internship. We woke up this morning and had our devotion. After that we did an activity together that involved us writing/drawing things we learned this summer. We discussed how life before the summer looked like and what life will look like after the summer. We did some other random things like that. It was a really good time of reflection.

Then Jim gave us our next task. We were to write a 5 minute explanation of how our summer was, what we had learned this summer and how what we learned can be applied to our friends and family back home.

After these few things I began to feel pretty sick. It started off with being super cold and then my body aching all over. It was followed by me feeling so sick to my stomach that I couldn't even eat 1 bite of lunch. I went to my room and had Brittany wake me up when it was time for bible study. It was so weird. I never really slept and I didn't really feel much better by resting but as bible study progressed I felt myself feeling almost new again(despite this cold I have)

Tonight we had our HCM end of summer celebration. Wow. I honestly had no idea that saying goodbye would be this hard. After dinner we were split up into groups and we each had to do a skit or song. We made up a song about this community of believers that we live with and called everyone by name and it was just a silly song that meant a lot to us. All of the other groups did skits about us interns. It was great. They were so hilarious and pretty accurate haha.

After that we did the evening prayer that we did every night with everyone(about 20people) It was really good but we didn't get through three seconds without me crying. I honestly thought I was going to be able to make it through that. It was then time to say goodbye to some of the people we have been with this summer. That was really hard. Goodbyes are never easy for me. I am terrible at them. Just thinking about saying goodbye makes me nervous.

Tonight we packed our stuff. Just being in the bedroom with Brittany and Patti was really nice and comforting just to be with people. If I would have been alone I would have been a mess. Actually lets be honest, I already was and still feel like an emotional wreck!

My goodbyes are a little bit different in that I am the one going the furthest away. There is a good chance that I may not see these people for a really long time but I don't want that to happen. I will be back. My Heart is in Hartford. I can here God whisper for me to come back.

Please just pray for me. My heart is heavy and burdened. I don't want tomorrow to come but I just want to get this done and over with at the same time.

My summer was amazing and now it has come to an end. What next?

I love you all. Thank you so much for lifting me up in prayer all summer. I will see you all in a few weeks!

No comments: