Tuesday, August 5, 2008

and the goodbyes have started

Today just started off rough. I woke up(and still have a sore throat) everyone else in the house is sick so it was bound to happen.

It just came at the worst time. I really just don't want to be sick right now. haha but who actualy wants to be sick.

So today we had our debrief of camp with our street leaders( High school volunteers) It went really good. It was awesome hearing about how they saw Jesus this summer. It was awesome to hear them just vulnerable with us.We went around the room and told each other good things and what we liked about each other. It was really touching for us all to be bonding in that way.

We prayed and said our goodbyes. Today was hard. I had no idea how hard that would be to say goodbye to them. It just made it more real that summer is basically over. I will be leaving here in a few days. Two full days left.

I can't even think about what it will be like to drive out of Hartford on Friday.

I have been on an emotional rollercoaster all day long.

Tomorrow is our retreat of silence. Please pray that I can just be open to God's voice. Pray that I can stay focused on His plan for the afternoon.

Please also pray for my health and the others.We are pretty drained and weak. We need your prayers.

I love you

No comments: