Saturday, August 2, 2008

1 more week to go!

Well Camp NOAH 2008 is officially over. Its so weird.

I am still taking it all in. I really am just in awe over these past 7 weeks! They flew by!

There was good times and bad times. We had many challenges. There were countless tears from us and the kids. There was anger and dissapointment. There was violence and there were consequnces.

Even though we were always stressed, tired, overwhelmed, emotionally drained, and frustrated at times I would not change a thing. Through every tear and every frustration I just wanted to wrap the kids up in the biggest hug they have ever recieved and let them know that they are loved and they are so valued.

Leaving Dion may have been the hardest. I put so much effort into that kid. I put so much of my heart into him. I know God put him here this summer for a reason. Without even knowing it,Dion really taught me what it is to love.

Tre, his mom and sister all came yesterday. That was fun! I am so glad I got to talk with her and meet her this summer! She took my email address so Tre could email me! I am really excited to keep in touch with this kid! Hes great...but challenging :)

Leishla was pretty hard to leave as well. She was so sad camp was ending and she was so sad that we would be apart. We exchanged addresses so we could write each other.

Last night we (all of the Camp NOAH staff including all of the volunteers, leah, jim and us interns) went out to dinner at this really nice resturaunt downtown. We had a private section in the back and it was really good just to hang out and fellowship!


So from here there is a week of debrief then I head back home! :)
I am pretty happy to catch up with everyone! I am really excited to be back in San Diego but at the same time my heart has a special place here. All of the kids and parents asked if I was coming back next year and my first thought was yes. I told them I want to be back here for next summer, if not sooner for a visit!

Please pray for a smooth transition. Please pray for us as we reflect about the summer!
Also I have been getting pretty terrible headaches please pray for healing of those. Without insurance I can't really figure out what they are coming from or what I can do for them.

I love you all! And I will see you soon!

No comments: