Saturday, August 9, 2008

And it's over...

Well as of 1:00 pm yesterday the internship was over.

It was very hard to say goodbye. We woke up and had our last devotion in which we wrote acrostic poems to each other. We can't read them until fridayWe then packed up and cleaned the entire house. I got the bathrooms! Scott( one of the HCM board members) brought us lunch and we had our last meal together.

Steve was the first to leave. He told me not to cry and gave me a hug goodbye. It actually started people were leaving and the summer was officially ending. We went upstairs to tell everyone goodbye(Specifically Kayla Kerry and Sean the kids who live upstairs) Kayla tried to tell us that we were not leaving. She had a rough time with this. So did I. She began to cry as I told her we have to go. She ran to me and threw her arms around me and sobbed. It was seriously the saddest thing. We went downstairs and she followed us, never letting go of me. All she could do was cry and I followed suit. I love how she chose the most emotional intern to cling to. Silly girl. I mean Patti and Brittany could have totally handled it:P. We walked outside and said goodbye to Leah. Me and Brittany hugged and she drove away. So it was me and Patti left so we got in my car and drove to Capen street. (Around the block) I went to say goodbye to Dion. So hard also but I handled it. I am surprised I didn't cry haha.

I dropped Patti off at her house and then drove to Todd and Tegan's house. It's nice here but it's not Hartford. I miss everything about Hartford. I miss everything from the kids to the annoying ice cream truck. I miss Kayla screaming out our window "where patti?" I miss the kids banging on the windows during our evening prayer begging us to come and play. I'm just really missing it.

I prayed for a long time about this last night. I am a little bit more at peace with leaving but everything reminds me of my time in the Northend. As I go through this I know God is my strength and peace.

I really wish that as soon as I ended my time in Hartford I could have made the journey home. Now that it is over I just want to go home. I love spending time with Todd, Tegan and their baby Liam but it is so hard knowing that in 3 days I will be saying goodbye to them also.

My life was changed this summer. I pray that God will continue to keep changing me and keep growing me. I have complete trust that God is going to lead this trip where He wants it. I pray that we can keep Jesus as the foundation of this trip.

Thank you for joining me on this adventure this summer!

I miss you all! I will be home soon friends!

No comments: