Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Where do I even start

Well...

I got here around 12:15 on monday. As I sat in my car I read a letter from a friend that was just so encouraging. I kinda fell apart for a few minutes then prayed about the summer. I wiped away my tears and went to the door. I was welcomed and instantly felt excitement!

I was the first one here. I unpacked and waited for the others to arrive. I was so excited to meet everyone! Soon everyone arrived and we all settled in.

We did introductions and activities to get to know each other. That was such a good time. We ate an amazing dinner and got to know the other people who live in the house.

Today we did a devotion in the morning. Then we played a game of monopoly that was a little bit rigged. haha I lost. After that we got the assignment to go out into the city only using public transportation to do a hartford scavenger hunt! Jim also gave us a budget of 5 dollars a day for three meals for the rest of the week. That is the same as a family on food stamps. Our task was to buy 15 meals on 80 dollars for 4 people. It was really amazing to experience how people live. To go out in the scorching heat, using only the city bus buying 80 dollars worth of food and then getting it all back home. It's harder than it sounds.

Tonight we had a bible study. Who knew that the book of Amos would be so interesting! haha and then had our intern prayer time. After that Steve,one of the interns, played his guitar and we had a little bit of worship. Now here I am and there is a thunderstorm! Amazing!

I am so glad I am here! I love this already! I will update as soon as possible! I love you all! Thank you for all of the prayers. Know that I am praying for all of you as well!

-Julie!

1 comment:

Keith Boone said...

"I was the first one here"

Could it happen any other way? haha. Glad to see you are carrying West coast traditions to the East coast. And glad to hear you feel comfortable and ready for God's work. You are gonna do great things.