Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Day 3

So today we learned about the city of Hartford, particularly the north end where I am at.
Wow. Some shocking and heartbreaking statistics for sure. We spent the day at the library researching about the city and gave a presentation back at the house.

Yesterday we gave life stories. It is amazing to see where people have come from and what kind of things people have experienced in their life. I gave mine and it went a lot better than I thought. I mean I left some out...not by choice I was just nervous and forgot to add it in.

Tomorrow is my day to lead the morning devotion. I am doing it on 1 Thessalonians 5 :)

It has been so encouraging to talk to some of you this week. Thank you again.

Today wasn't the most interesting day but tomorrow we will be getting more insight on the way our summer look. Also we will learn more about the camp that we will be helping with!

I am so excited to spend the summer with these kids! I can't wait!

3 comments:

Keith Boone said...

Yay for Thessolonians...God is good. Any particular part you are going to focus on?

Julie said...

yeah, I am going to be doing it on verses 16-18 about being joyful always, praying continually, and giving thanks in every circumstance. I will let you know how it goes for sure!

Karin said...

Thanks for calling me the other day! It's so awesome to hear how God is working in your life and you have been such an encouragement to me :)