Sunday, June 8, 2008

In my love be lifed high...

So tomorrow is the big day.

It has been such a good week. I have reconnected with old friends and have already formed new relationships.

I am going to be a honest though. I am scared to start this. Everytime I have told someone from CT what I will be doing they have all got super serious looks on their faces and have said "good luck" or things like "oh wow, be careful out there" Nice things to say but...not very comforting.

I realized going into this that North Hartford is not the safest city to be in.I knew that I would be challenged. I knew that I was going to be living in a community with one of the highest crime and poverty rates. Last night I was awake for so long worrying about this.

Questions like Can I handle this? What if I get hurt? Is my heart prepared for what I will see and experience? ran through my head all night as I tossed and I turned.

And after some reflection and prayer I realize that God would not have given me this chance if I could not handle it. As scary and challenging as this may be God has placed me in Connecticut for His divine purpose.

So I am going into this with only my own expectations and not those of others. I will hang on to the encouraging words I have been comforted with and dismiss the thoughts that made me nervous.

My hope for this summer is to serve God and grow in my relationship with Him through a broken community .

Friends, I ask that you be in prayer for me this summer. I will keep you updated as much as possible. I love you and miss you all!

1 comment:

Rachel Elizabeth Burton said...

DEFINITELY are in my prayers and thoughts tonight girlie! I am SO excited as you begin this amazing journey tomorrow, fears and all; and I am so stoked for how God is going to continue to work in and through your life!!!!!!! He truly is mighty to save! : ) Talk you soon!

2 Corinthians 12:9
<3