Saturday, June 28, 2008

Day of rest

Today was our sabbath day! Let me tell you it was so restful!

We woke up with no set plans just a mood for adventure. We met up with Karl( Brittany's boyfriend) and Ana. Ana took us to this amazing place she goes to all the time. I have never seen anything like it. We hiked through the trees and through a river. Honestly it was so amazingly beautiful. We found this area that was a little scary for me but I made it down with their help. That was such a good moment. To hear their encouragement and to just let go my fears as they guided my steps and balance was just awesome! I feel like that was such a growing experience in that little 5 minute ordeal. We went back to Ana's and did some hot tubbing and then dinner. After we went out for ice cream and then back home. The day was great. Spending the day in nature like that really can recharge a person!

Tomorrow we are going to church and then we are working on the "Jesus for President" tour event that HCM is hosting! Yes!! I am so excited to meet Shane Claiborne!

Things at camp are getting so much better. I am forming relationships with the kids in my group and am starting to feel a lot more comfortable with what I am doing. I am really loving it even though it is super stressful at times. These kids mean the world to me! I feel a deep connection with my kids.

I have been reading the Hartford Courant(the news paper) and it seems like things are getting pretty nuts recently. Just the other night we heard a high speed chase out our windows. Someone was shot a few days ago and according to the newspaper 2 more on thursday. Please just be praying for the city of Hartford. Please be praying for the saftey of the children of Hartford. Please pray for me and the other interns!

I hope everything is great in San Diego!

<3
Julie!

2 comments:

Keith Boone said...

I'm jealous of that hike...wow it's almost July and I know God has so much for you in the next month plus...keep seeking Julie and we miss you here in San Diego...we have done bonfire's K-M so far this summer, haha

Julie said...

Thanks! The hike was amazing and so beautiful. I can't even describe how much! I can't believe I am only here for one more month...crazy! I'm jealous about those bonfires...we have had a few out here that a fun but not quite the same. I miss you guys too! I can't wait until August!