Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Already week 3?!

This week started off extremley stressful.

Monday was camp planning day. It was almost a blessing that the car hit our building because we got a chance to do some vital planning and spend some time together. Things were a little tense at some points but not bad.

Yesterday camp was nuts. We changed around some of the groups. It was also the first day of camp since the crash. The kids had so much energy it was insane. Some of them were having a little trouble controlling their anger which resulted in them being suspended from camp for the rest of the week.

Today went so well. I really feel like I connected really well to a few of my kids. It was great just hanging out and chatting about their hobbies or what kind of pets they have. I feel really blessed to have the group that I do. They are all getting so comfortable.

I am feeling great about this summer. Especially today. I am finding it easier to step out of my comfort zone. Both today and yesterday I was in the bible story skit as a grape(we are teaching about the fruit of the Spirit) I looked ridiculous. But it was so fun. I loved it. I feel more confident in what I have been called to do this summer. This mornings devotion really encouraged me.

We are about to eat dinner soon and then we are going to a street fair type thing for our outreach! I feel like this will be such a great experience! A Hartford street fair...bound to be exciting haha and maybe a bit crazy!

Ohhh I'm so excited because Shane Claiborne and Chris Haw (Authors of Jesus for President) are coming to Hartford on Sunday and we will be hosting a pot luck and a book discussion type event for them! How amazing! I am so excited to meet them and talk with them. (Shane Claiborne also wrote the irresistible revolution) It's gonna be amazing!!

I should go though!

Have an awesome day everyone...I'll update soon!

No comments: