Sunday, June 22, 2008

Everything is changing all around me

God is so good. The pond house will be available to use for camp again! So we will resume camp on tuesday!



Yesterday was so great. We did some yard work outside and then we had our team sabbath.

We went to Brittany's( one of the interns) house in Avon, CT and went swimming and had dinner with her family. Then we went to the drive in and saw Kung Fu Panda. Well I slept through it but what I saw was pretty good. Then we went to Ana's house( one of Brittanys friends who is now all of the interns friends) for a bonfire. I was reminded of home as Steve and Ana played worship and we hung out around the fire. All of us were relaxed with out a care in the world. With such an emotionally draining week we actually were energized and relaxed. It made me miss the alphabet bonfires so much. I then had the thought that as I am back home I will be missing these times.

I just got a text from a friend( Keith) saying that I was missed. Hmm these are the moments where I miss home.I miss you guys but I am so afraid to go back home. I have been so blessed to be able to keep in touch with so many of you. Being away from home is not as hard as I thought it would be but it has its rough moments.

So far living in this intentional commuity has been amazing. These people are great. The kids are great. I can't wait to meet and interact with so many new people. God is really working in my life and of the others around me. I love hearing these peoples stories! I love walking and holding the hand of a child at camp while chatting about their intrests and about their pets or about their family. It's amazing. They are so loveable.

Please be praying for these kids. Please be praying for us, just that God will open our hearts and our minds. Pray for a good week, a much better week than last week. As we learn more about these children my heart breaks a little bit more for them.

If you guys have anything you need me to specifically pray about message me on facebook!

<3 Love you guys!